BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

Hello, 

I would like to create a box plot for 4 continous variables, but that are not linked with any categorical variable. 
Actually, i'd like to plot the output of the proc univariate with the means and quantiles.

Here is an excerpt of what the Proc univariate gives me for one of my 4 variables : 

Quantile      Estimate                                        

100% Max       6.24719                                        
                                        99%            5.68653                                        
                                        95%            5.43895                                        
                                        90%            5.24901                                        
                                        75% Q3         4.82637                                        
                                        50% Median     4.32900                                        
                                        25% Q1         4.02401                                        
                                        10%            3.62096                                        
                                        5%             3.45388                                        
                                        1%             3.23710                                        
                                        0% Min         2.77457

Now, I would like to plot thoses pieces of information in the style of a boxplot, for my 4 variables. 

Also, I work on SAS 9.1... 

Any idea ? 

Thank you very much by advance for your help 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I think PROC BOXPLOT works in 9.1

--
Paige Miller
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

I does, but i didn't find how to use it for only one continuous variable, without gaving so specify a categorical variable.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You could have PROC UNIVARIATE create a box plot by using the PLOTS option. https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.4&docsetId=procstat&docsetTarget=pro...

--
Paige Miller
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @Mathis1,

For PROC BOXPLOT you can temporarily define a constant "dummy" variable and use that after the asterisk in the PLOT statement.

Example:

data _tmp / view=_tmp;
set have;
retain _c 'A0'x;
run;

proc boxplot data=_tmp;
plot var1*_c / nohlabel;
run;

The NOHLABEL option suppresses the label "_c" of the horizontal axis (but feel free to define a label using a LABEL statement in the PROC BOXPLOT step instead). The constant value of variable _c is used as the tick mark label. If you have a better idea than a non-missing blank value ('A0'x), use that.

djrisks
Barite | Level 11

@Mathis1 Do you want 4 boxplots on 1 graph? Or 4 different box plots?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation