BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Community,

I would like to know if there is a way to change the display format in SAS Visual Investigator.

As far as we checked, the is no way to “manipulate” the data in Visual Investigator.

For example, a numeric attribute will always display as a number with commas (,) and decimal numbers (depends on formats assigned in the DB)

MY problem is, that I don’t want to change the formats in the DB, so therefore we ask if there is a way to modify these columns to show numeric values as a varchar/string.

An example:

The numeric number is 201,4856,600.00 in the database, and I would like to be just a simple 201485600.

It’s very frustrating that there is no flexibility with this platform.

Maybe someone knows what else can I do in order to display the number as a char?

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hello, 

There isn't a mechanism in Visual Investigator today to change the display format for a numeric field. This is in the product backlog. 

As you mentioned an option could be to change the underlying data type - I understand this isn't the approach you want to take at this time but I thought it would be useful to share a section from the Visual Investigator 10.8 product documentation that may be helpful: 

Thanks,

Susan

Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @susantrueman , Thanks for the help!

We found a way to display numeric content as text with "Text Input" under page editing, so It is useful for us.

Do you maybe know if we can change the display format of some fields on a Child-Entity? So we can maybe choose a "Text Input" to be shown at the shown table from this child entity?

In the picture below, there are some fields in the Child object that are numeric, and I want to present some of them as text.

Idanar_0-1673161987294.png

Thanks,

Idan