BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KIIMCL
Obsidian | Level 7
Good day.
I want alerts generated from the same object in the same entity to share comments and attachments in the alert detail page of each alert. For example, suppose that company A had been detected by scenario 1 and 2 thus, two alerts on Company A are generated by each scenarios. What I want is to check and edit the comments and attachments (made by the admin or user when accessed from scenario 1 alert) in the alert of scenario 2.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
_austin_
SAS Employee

In VI, all alerting events on the same entity for the same domain get linked into a single alert. That alert has all the comments and attachments. So, unless I misunderstand your question, I think the system works as you describe.

KIIMCL
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello, Austin. Thank you for your reply first. But sorry, I forgot to mention that the scenarios are separated by domains. So the alerts are generated from different domains but on the same entity. In this case, does the system work the way you describe?
_austin_
SAS Employee

No I'm sorry it does not. Each alert is a separate entity. Often alerts for different domains have a different business purpose or are worked by different people. There isn't a way to see all the comments and attachments for all the alerts on an entity at this time. If you want the analyst to see all those comments and attachments, should you associate all your scenarios with the same domain?

If you explain more of the business use case, we might be able to help identify a work-around and it will help SAS product management learn more about what you are trying to accomplish.

KIIMCL
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks, Austin. Your replies helped me alot. So you mean, in the case the scenario 1 for the alert 1 and scenario 2 for alert 2 are assigned in the different domains, comments and attachments (appeared in alert detail page) for company A made via alert 1 can't be displayed and editted via alert 2 for the reason that domains are different? If then, is there any way to let attachment and comments shared under the condition where the actionable ID and lable are in common but the different domains? My clients want to unify the comments and attachments as long as they are on the same company even though alerts accessed are different and for us, we have to separate domains.

Thanks.
_austin_
SAS Employee

No, there is no way to do that with the out of the box system.

KIIMCL
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you, Austin! Helped me a lot for real. 🙂