BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FerhatD
Calcite | Level 5

Hi experts,

We have SAS AML 7.1 solution and we are trying to modify the UI especially for Customer Details part in SAS AML interface, but the SAS documention on UI customization is not proper.

If any documentation or advise on UI customization is available for Anti Money Laundering solution, please share.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

HI @FerhatD, in 7.1 UI customization is a big limitation. You can't do it like AML 6.3 (In 6.3, ECM is used as AML Web UI which is very customizable). You can add extra fields in additional details section but changing existing fields is not supported. 

What type of customization are you willing to do in 7.1? Please write the details to answer it more specific. There is ECM available with 7.1 AML Product as well although it is not being used in OOB solution. So, you can use that as per your need.

FerhatD
Calcite | Level 5

Yes sure. For example, the number of closed alarms that the customer produced in the past, or if the name change has been made, show the old names in customer details etc. the fields are not certain yet. I had some answer that I can add new columns in Additional details section. I am trying to find what can be done?

Thanks in advance

manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @FerhatD, I understood that you want to show history details for customers. So, if the customer's name is changed then the historical names of customer should be visible on UI. I believe you are referring to history maintenance in FSC_PARTY_DIM Table (SCD Type 2 changes).

There is no way to accommodate this customization in system. Only latest details will be visible on UI. However, there is a workaround using additional details tab which can be delivered. You can populate selected historical fields for a customer on customer details page in additional details section.

Hope this will be helpful.

MSMM
SAS Employee

Could you please explain how to Customize in SAS AML 7.1 using ECM ?

manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @MSMM, Can you please share more details? What exactly do you want to do using ECM? There is no use of ECM in OOB SAS AML 7.1 solution. OOB AML 7.1 application (UI) doesn't utilize ECM at all.

MSMM
SAS Employee
what you said in the first comment is " There is ECM available with 7.1 AML Product as well although it is not being used in OOB solution. So, you can use that as per your need."

what did you mean by this sentence?

thanks in advance
manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @MSMM, as I have mentioned 'you can use ECM as per your need'. ECM gives you flexibility in terms of designing screens as per customer needs. AML 6.x version has ECM based UI and it is most customizable as far as AML UI is concerned.

In AML 7.1, where can you use ECM bundled with product, not being used in OOB solution? It totally depends on your requirements and usability of ECM. I know few customers, where ECM is being used to deliver custom regional regulatory reports e.g. STR, CTR etc which can't be delivered using OOB AML 7.1 solution. Another example is custom watch list monitoring. Customer had an unique kind of watch list screening requirement which is not fulfilled using OOB AML watch list scenarios. Again, it is being delivered using ECM by designing custom screens and integrating it with stored procedure based watch list jobs.

So, first you will have to identify your requirements and check feasibility using your available tools. ECM might be best suit for many of your requirements as highlighted in above cases. Please note ECM has its own limitations and challenges. Hope this will be helpful.

Ashraf_Morsi
SAS Employee

Hi,

Using ECM to show more details is good but little hard to implement and takes huge effort.

Another approach you may take, is SAS Visual Analytics reports. You can design a report that shows any query you need in few minutes. For example, if you need to show all SCD2 records of customer (Historical records), then design a report that selects all records from customer table order by change_begin_date.

Then set filters with customer name, ID, etc...

You can also show in the same report, total number of generated alerts for that customer and any other useful information.

FerhatD
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for all answers.

I was looking for customization that we can see alert history attributes by customer or some fields that don't exist in AML UI. I managed to add some fields to section "Additional Details" on UI. I can help if someone needs help about it.

Regards

MSMM
SAS Employee

@FerhatD  how to apply these customization?