BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Team,

We use solr search in ECM as global search.

We have upgraded solr from 5.5.5 to 8.6.2 version and we are on SAS 9.4M3 version where it uses Java 1.7. We have configured separate Java for solr 8.6.2 which was 1.8 version.

Almost upgrade was successfull and jobs did index on almost all datasets, however, we have found that attachments were missing when we searach a case/CDD cases under SAS ECM.

Please let us know what we have done wrong/ any jars/json files were missing as part of this upgrade.

Thanks in Advance,

Sandeep

3 REPLIES 3
ElizabethKyria
SAS Employee

Hi there

In relation to your ECM issue on 9.4, I've been advised that you need to open a tech support track to assist with your question, see link here - https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas.html#2f350546-5bf0-4b6e-8c04-11fa1bb1a29f

Kind regards 

Elizabeth Kyriacou 

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Elizabeth,

I have raised already one but not helping much. My platform version is 9.4M3 which runs on java version 1.7 and solr 8.6.2 requires Java version 1.8. 

We have configured separate Java version which is independent to platform SAS version and installed solr 8.6.2. We have verified in apache site regarding attachments and to see the attachments we need to configure another API in solrconfig.xml file, which we are exploring right now.

I am wondering how SAS9.4M6 is integrating with Solr8.6.2 version for attachments.

We still stuck at SASVersionedjavarepositorie calss files, if this is causing an issue or really we require API to be configured.

Thanks in Advance,

Sandeep

MBergeron
SAS Employee

@sandeep_reddy ,

A quick check of the SAS.com website and it looks to me like ECM on 9.4m3 was released in around 2015, and was put on Limited Support about 2 years ago. Java 8 is supported for ECM or m3, and I was able to find a SAS note to that effect.  SAS Usage Note 56203   It states that Java 8 is not supported until 9.4m6.  That likely means that your ECM instance on 9.4m3 was not written to work with Java 8, nor tested against it.  I suspect that is why it is giving you trouble.   Additionally, I would say that if you change your SOLR and encounter issues it could mean your ECM is unsupported.  Most people use ECM for fraud case management of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) use cases.  I do know that if you are using AML I believe you could potentially upgrade to the AML 7.1 version.  Is it possible you could upgrade?  AML 7.1 Installation Note 66795    If using that version of SOLR is a priority then an upgrade is the only supported option I can think of for you at this time.  If it is not an AML use case, you might consider looking at SAS Visual Investigator on Viya as many fraud case management customers have moved to that software.  I'm also certain tech support can guide you to the correct answer as well. 😉  Good Luck!