BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
chaudharydeepak
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I'm using SAS Visual Investigator and while customization of the home page. I'm trying to link the SAS Viya dashboard with SAS Visual Investigator  but when I connect the dashboard with the SAS VI I'm not able to get the dashboard its just shows loading in the front page of the dashboard.

Do the needful,

Regards;

Deepak Chaudhary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanielMccormack
SAS Employee

This has been resolved outside this forum. Deepak is now using the correct iframe url that Visual Analytics generates via it's "share" button. Placing this in a VI iframe control works as expected.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hi Deepak, 

Please could you clarify what the Viya Dashboard is that you are trying to connect to and display in SAS Visual Investigator? Is it a SAS Visual Analytics report? 

Thanks

Susan

chaudharydeepak
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Susan,

I'm trying to connect SAS Visual Analytics Report with the SAS Visual Investigator.

Regards,

Deepak

Rory_MacKenzie
SAS Employee

Hi Deepak,

How are you linking the VA dashboard? Are you using the iFrame control? 

Are you able to export the homepage page template and then email it to me?

Thanks

Rory

chaudharydeepak
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Rory,

Thanks for reply.

Yes I'm using Iframe to connect SAS VI too SAS VA Reports and sorry I can't share.

Regards,

Deepak.

DanielMccormack
SAS Employee

Hi Deepak,

Are you using the iframe that Visual Analytics generates? This can be accessed via the share button when viewing a report. 

You should then be able to paste this into VI's iframe control. Are you seeing any errors in the dev tools when you try this?

Unfortunately one of the limitations of this approach, is that the iframe can take a while to load. The blue loading spinner will appear and depending on your environment this could take up to a minute. 

I'll send you a message to help further debug this. 

Thanks,

Daniel

DanielMccormack
SAS Employee

This has been resolved outside this forum. Deepak is now using the correct iframe url that Visual Analytics generates via it's "share" button. Placing this in a VI iframe control works as expected.