BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
OAK_BRANCH_RG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Community,

Under SAS Visual Investigator I have a set of email data, which only contains one date field.
I would like to know if it is possible to use the time slider in network view ?
For this I think that it is necessary to configure 2 date variables in the email entity in the Date and Locations tab (the From and To) but I only have 1 date field and it is not possible to enter the same variable in From and To.
Is there a way to counter this limitation?
I tried to create a child entity with 2 dates but these variables are not accessible in From and To.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OAK_BRANCH_RG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

thanks for your reply, but my question was about the network interface. I would have liked to know how to use the button shown by the black arrow having only one date variable (shown by the green arrow).
We stopped and restarted our systems and it works by itself now without any modification.

What bothered me was that I couldn't configure 'Valid "To" field' under "Dates and Locations" tab, and I thought it prevented the use of the time slider in network view, but it seems to work fine without it (shown by the red arrow), so it's good for me. 

Thank you very much

network view mail.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mtlppe
SAS Employee

Hi,

You would be able to configure an event under "Dates and Locations" tab:

Event ConfigurationEvent Configuration

The example above shows how the date or another field could be inserted into the label or description of such event. 

This is how it looks like in the Timeslider view:

Timeslider ExampleTimeslider Example

If you have any further questions, let me know. 

Cheers,

Paulius Peciura. 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

OAK_BRANCH_RG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

thanks for your reply, but my question was about the network interface. I would have liked to know how to use the button shown by the black arrow having only one date variable (shown by the green arrow).
We stopped and restarted our systems and it works by itself now without any modification.

What bothered me was that I couldn't configure 'Valid "To" field' under "Dates and Locations" tab, and I thought it prevented the use of the time slider in network view, but it seems to work fine without it (shown by the red arrow), so it's good for me. 

Thank you very much

network view mail.png