BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Amulraj
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Is SAS AML migration from SAS 9.4 platform to Viya Platform is possible?

I was searching for the documentation of the same, I couldn't find any content.

So kindly Help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanNavot1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello
There is a migration path from AML 7.1 (SAS 9.4 based) to AML 8.3 (ViYa
based).
We just recently finished a migration project of this type.
There are some caveats you need to be aware of.
This is well documented in the AML administration guide for version 8.3

Dan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanNavot1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello
There is a migration path from AML 7.1 (SAS 9.4 based) to AML 8.3 (ViYa
based).
We just recently finished a migration project of this type.
There are some caveats you need to be aware of.
This is well documented in the AML administration guide for version 8.3

Dan
Amulraj
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response!!

Can you kindly Confirm where the migration target environment was VIYA 4 or VIYA3.5 and is this possible
AML solution 7.2 to 8.3 or 8.4

regards

Amul

DanNavot1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello Amul,
In this case the target environment was AML 8.3 on ViYA 3.5.
I don't know about migrating from 7.2 but, since this version is basically
identical to 7.1, it should be supported as well.
There is no 8.4 version as far as I know. Are you referring to the ViYA 4
based system?

*Dan Navot*

Founding Partner | Minago
web site: minago.io

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Amulraj
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Dan, Sorry for the confusion, Yes my intent was for migration from 7.2 environment to viya 4 AML version.

The documentation part refers AMl version as 7.1 not 7.X or referring to 7.2.

have you performed AML migration in my scenario. Also i will try 7.2 to Viya 4AML migration with the available documentation and Check 

Regards

Amul 

Maarten_at_SAS
SAS Employee

There is an upgrade path, not a migration (upgrade-in-place) path and that is the reason why you do not find anything in the product documentation (apart from the legacy items feature, see below). This means that modernizing from AML 7 to AML on Viya 4 is a rebuild, requiring consultancy effort, the degree of which depends on a number of factors, such as the level of expertise and previous experience by the consultancy team, the proficiency of consultants in (further) configuring AML and Visual Investigator on Viya 4, the the level of customizations that need to be retained for the customers and the level of these being a fit for AML7 VI on Viya 4.

AML 8.3 on Viya 3.5 introduced the legacy items feature facilitating the migration of so-called legacy objects and making AML 7.1 database objects available as read-only objects in AML on Viya 3.5, whilst preserving the links with other objects. In scope of this feature are legacy alerts,  risk factors, cases, cdd reviews, exernal parties, regulatory reports, e-files and scenarios. Out of scope are: replicated transactions, comments and scenarios.

We are planning for porting over this feature to AML on Viya 4, but are currently prioritizing other new features and there is no confirmed target delivery timeline for these. However, professional services, with the help of SAS AML Global Advisory can reuse some of the AML 8.3 IP to achieve the same result in AML on Viya 4. 

For any assistance and enablement on this topic, please reach out to Compliance Product Management (maarten.van.dijck@sas.com) and/or Product Advisory & Enablement (Achin@Gupta).