BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Vimal08
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Team,

Need help on understanding how does the risk assessment works in SAS AML 7.1?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Vimal

4 REPLIES 4
SASPM
SAS Employee

Hello.    

Risk assessments are an optional component of SAS Anti-Money Laundering. If System Administrators at your site enabled the risk classification process, users with the Access My Risk Assessments or Access Available Risk Assessments capability can access My Risk Assessments and Available Risk Assessments queues.

A risk assessment is a proposal to change a customer's risk classification. Each risk assessment has a current risk classification and a proposed risk classification. The objective is to use the tools and information that SAS Anti-Money Laundering provides to determine whether the proposed risk classification should be accepted and closed, or rejected and closed.

Risk assessments come from two sources:

• SAS Anti-Money Laundering system generated. The risk classification process runs risk classifiers across customer data.
  • Manual creation. Users manually create risk assessments when they observe suspicious behaviors that might not be detected by the risk classifiers.
The risk assessment process is executed less often than the risk classification process. Although most institutions determine their customers' risk classifications on an annual basis, customers might be classified for any period of time that is deemed appropriate. The period at which sites execute the risk assessment process is called the risk assessment period.
The risk assessment process applies a weighted scoring algorithm to determine a proposed risk classification for each customer's risk assessment. The process then routes risk assessments to the user or group as specified by the risk assessment routing rules.

The product documentation fully describes the risk assessment functionality and administration.  Please reach out to SAS Technical Support if you need help accessing the online documentation.

Vimal08
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please help me with understanding, how to add 'values' in List Values for risk classifiers?

For example, my Risk Classifier is based on mailing_city, some of the cities are considered as HIGH, some as MEDIUM and some as LOW. So, my question is, how can I add those cities in List Values as am considering around 55-60 cities. I have to add manually each city or it can be done through back-end as batch load?

Please help me with whole procedure. Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

SASPM
SAS Employee

Typically risk classifiers are managed within the UI using the List Manager screen that is located within the Admin console.  This links into the risk classifier table in the Knowledge Center data schema.  In the FSK_Risk_Classifier table it is defined for each classifier to which data point it refers in the Core schema (most are in Party DIM). So the risk classifiers are set up through the UI and the data it looks at (e.g. in party dim) are loaded in batch as part of the regular ETL that usually precedes running the AGP.  See attached screen shots.  While it may be possible to load the risk classifier data using a back end process, this is not a standard automation and with the small set of classifiers you mentioned, probably not worth automating.  However, SAS Services may be able to help build an automated process if desired.  

Vimal08
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank You for your response.

I have one more query, regarding risk score, as there is one lookup table in CDD (fsc_lookup_dim) which used as a reference master table for populating score. On similar line is there any functionality in risk assessment module?

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks.