BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi team,

I want to be able to add a data field (date) of the last system run.

My idea was to populate a simple table that will hold the last run date and then to be able to put it on Visual Investigator homepage:

Idanar_0-1683182370500.png

as it seems, there is no easy way to do so as there isn't a "Data" component. Do you know if I can do so? or do you have any other suggestions? 

I've tried all the "Control" components with no luck.

Thanks,

Idan

3 REPLIES 3
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hi 

Would the iframe control help here - it can be added to the homepage and configured to embed an external HTML document (that you could update with the details of the last system run - would this be the last time the data was indexed or the last time the alert generation processes ran?) The admin guide includes details of the iframe control and updates that need to be made to the Content Security Policy when embedding content from an outside source. 

Alternatively solution extensions (custom controls) can be created for use on VI homepage and object pages.

Thanks

Susan

Idanar
Obsidian | Level 7
Loved your solution Susan,
So assuming I'm creating a SQL table that holds the last run time, how can I generate an HTML URL from that table? and then just implement it in iframe control?

I tried to do it with a notepad as HTML but it didn't work. there is a guide for that? I've tried to search for it in administration help but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Idan
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hi

Sorry, I'm not sure of the best way to create that URL technically - you could raise a track with SAS Technical Support and they may be able to advise. 

Thanks

Susan

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation