BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sas_user1701
Fluorite | Level 6
I am unable to connect to my CAS Server which is running on the host and port mentioned below. 
sess = CAS(cashost, casport, useremail, userpassword)
I was trying to connect it from my local Python environment and it's giving these errors.
ERROR: The host name 'sasserver.demo.sas.com' could not be found.
SWATError :Could not connect to 'sasserver.demo.sas.com' on port 5570

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@Sas_user1701 I believe that these trial environments run inside of firewall here and that you can't connect an external local client in this way.  If you want to see what it's like to code with the Python APIs (or R, or SAS), we have a different SAS Viya Programming Trial that will provision a Jupyter Notebook environment for you.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I think we need a few more details for this.  Is this environment actually hosted on the SAS demo environment, as your messages indicate?  It might be that these ports are not open for connections from external clients.

Chris

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
Sas_user1701
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the Reply Chris. Yes I am using a SAS Data Preparation trial version and the CAS server is running on the specified port. Could you help me to check whether ports are open for connections from external client. Please see the attached pdf file for more details.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@Sas_user1701 I believe that these trial environments run inside of firewall here and that you can't connect an external local client in this way.  If you want to see what it's like to code with the Python APIs (or R, or SAS), we have a different SAS Viya Programming Trial that will provision a Jupyter Notebook environment for you.

Sas_user1701
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the clarifications @ChrisHemedinger . I had already tried the Viya trial and it runs fine there.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation