BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jaklng2019
Fluorite | Level 6

When i create a stored process in SAS, it requires me to store in the SAS server. Can i save the stored process in a share folder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

No, for store path, 

Your Windows/Linux Admin must configure Shared Drive Properly on the SAS Server and it should be accessible by the user which you're using, in that way only, you can save the Stored Process Code on Shared Drive.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You cannot save the Stored Process in Physical path, But you can save the Source file of the stored process on Physical Path of the SAS Server,

About your question, If you can configure Share Drive directly on the SAS Server and you want to store Source file of the SAS Stored Process, you can do it,

Please refer following SAS Paper for more info:

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/148-2013.pdf (Refer Page 4 > Execution Options for Source file path options)

jaklng2019
Fluorite | Level 6
when i create a stored process in sas eg, i only can select the directory from sas server. can i add a file server connection in sas management console and then i can select the file server as the store location?
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@jaklng2019 wrote:
when i create a stored process in sas eg, i only can select the directory from sas server. can i add a file server connection in sas management console and then i can select the file server as the store location?

You can only use directories that are accessible on the SAS server. To use a network share, it has to be mounted on the SAS server.

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

No, for store path, 

Your Windows/Linux Admin must configure Shared Drive Properly on the SAS Server and it should be accessible by the user which you're using, in that way only, you can save the Stored Process Code on Shared Drive.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation