BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys,

I am a little bit confused with usage of one of the option in Table Loader transformation.

In Options->Additional Loader Options there is an option to select load time column. In jobs that I am currently changing there is already one column selected. However, I would like to leave it empty (I am appending data from old environment to the new one and I would like not to overwrite this column). And here comes my question. For some jobs, I can simply press 'Reset' button and this column is empty, but for some other jobs after pressing 'Reset' nothing happens (this column is still filled). As I see, the Table Loader looks the same for all jobs (I mean the same options, load techniques and so on). Does anyone have an idea what should I do to leave this option empty?

Thanks in advance!
 Filip

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I can't answer your concrete question but just as a thought:

If this is about data migration then I wouldn't use the existing load jobs at all but I would copy the data from the old to the new environment and then use Proc Datasets/Copy to re-create the tables in the target location with the settings like encoding of the target location and all the indexes and constraints that were already defined in source.

IF you want to use DIS for this then you could write custom code and call it via a loop transformation with a control table that contains table name, source path and target path as data for parameter passing.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation