BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TG_HACK
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings SAS Experts,

i'm currently using a Job within SAS DI Studio that basically consists of a User Written Code with a SAS Macro Call that transforms input data and pushes them to another system via a sequence of Webservice Calls.

Now what i experienced is that for larger input data sets the SAS DI Job seems to be stuck im limbo when executed via DI Studio itself, i.e. the Job does not terminate and also doesn't do any more Webservice Calls. If i generate a log file, the log is also seems to be cut off in the middle of processing - without any technical issues indicating a technical problem.

This behaviour is replicable with large enough input data that cause the job to run for more than about three hours. Interesting enough, if i just execute the SAS Macro Call within SAS EG (without running the UWC within DI Studio), it runs perfectly without any issues. Hence my assumption is that DI Studio itself contains some kind of configuration/limilation that creates issues for longer running Jobs.

Does anyone ever experienced something similar or know if there are any configurations my admin team can do to prevent the SAS DI Jobs from getting stuck?

Cheers and i'm also happy to provide any background info on this issue,

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Maybe this isn't really helpin, but DI Studio is not really designed to execute prodcution (which could be lon running).
My suggestoin is to deploy the job for scheduling, and then execute from a script or SAS Managamnt Console.
This will make the job run under the Batch server, rather than the Worksspace Server.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation