BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ved_Agrawal
Fluorite | Level 6

How do I set metadata options to run a proc metadata in SAS Viya?

If I run it without any meta option set I get the below:

1          OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
73         proc metalib;
74           omr (library="work");
75           report;
76         run;

ERROR: Insufficient information provided for a connection to the metadata server.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE METALIB used (Total process time):
       real time           0.00 seconds
       cpu time            0.00 seconds

78         OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
LasseHSweden
Fluorite | Level 6

How to manage metadata in SAS Viya if Proc Metalib is not supported. ? We now run in SAS 9.4 and investigate how to change our load system that we now use to load  data from disk after server restart or from other databases into the Lasr-server. When loading or reloading from an updated version of the source-database-table, we always delete the old metadata and generate new metadata in order to automatically (in batch mode..) include any new columns . Perhaps we need a reference to newer documentation?

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @LasseHSweden ,

I request you to start a new topic hence this topic is already closed, it will be easy for other community members to search and answer on that topic.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation