BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Edoedoedo
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, I'm using CAS actions to do some calculation, and at the end I want to plot some graphs. How do plots works in CAS? What are the procedure to plot graphs from a caslib? 

I can of course move the data from CAS to Workspace server and use the old plots procedure, but how to do it directly in CAS? Without the VA of course. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

For more information on this, have a look here:

SAS® 9.4 and SAS® Viya® 3.4 Programming Documentation Introduction to SAS Platform Graphing

Some text from above:

Overview of Using Data That Is Processed In CAS

When data resides in the SAS Cloud Analytic Services (CAS) environment, the data can be accessed by the ODS Graphics procedures through the CAS LIBNAME engine. The CAS LIBNAME engine enables the procedures to access and download CAS tables to the SAS client, such as SAS Studio. For more information about creating a CAS libref, see SAS Cloud Analytic Services: User’s Guide.

For this release of SAS Viya, the analytics for the ODS Graphics procedures are performed in the SAS client instead of the CAS environment. Therefore, for large data situations, it is recommended that you summarize or reduce the data before attempting to graph it. For example, in CAS procedure you can use the AGGREGATE action to summarize your large data to another CAS table, Then, you can reference the summarized CAS data from the SGPLOT or SGPANEL procedures to create a bar chart using the HBARPARM or VBARPARM statements.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation