BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
max7
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I need to report all the prompts(including shared prompts) infomation associated with all the stored processes. If the prompt refers any table column, the report should also include the table name & the corrosponding column name. Tried using the proc metadata procedure and able to get the details (including Groupinfo property) in the xml file format. The required information is present in the 'Groupinfo' attribute. However I am unable to decode the xml-coded text completely as some of my 'Groupinfo' property contains values greater than 32767 bytes length. Also I am unable to search through the 'Groupinfo' using SXLE maps as I could not find any options to search through & filter the attributes which contain larger values within xml tags (for e.g. the Groupinfo attribute)

When I use the metadata datastep functions, the 'Groupinfo' values are truncated & information is lost as the sas datastep only supports 32767b character length,

Is there any options in XML mapping/metadata data step functions which accomadates mapping & search through longer attribute values(>32767). OR any other Solutions?

It would be great if you help me to find the all prompts info associated with stored process through code. Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Max

1 REPLY 1
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Have you tried examining the source code of them instead?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation