BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mrodriguess
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I´m trying to insert a padding in my sas code, I basically is making an hmtl email to send in Microsoft Outlook. 

Already tried to insert atribute padding, width, margin and nothing happens...

proc odstext; 
        p " ";
        p " ";
        p " ";
        p " Prazo para retorno: hoje, dia 03/08/2022, às 13 horas. "/ style=[width=50 BORDERTOPWIDTH=10 COLOR=white background=#CC092F font_weight=bold FONT_SIZE=2 font_face="Bradesco Sans" TEXTALIGN=CENTER TEXTJUSTIFY=INTER_CHARACTER];
    run;

I know that there other forms of make html and email, but I already did almost everything, then I only needs this padding. Please helpp

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

I suggest that you may want to provide a unit anytime you use Width so that you know what you actually expect the width of a cell to be.

See if this gives you any ideas.

proc odstext;
p "An attempt to have spaces at the front of text"/style=[width=4in just=right];
run;

The Just=right will align the text horizontally within the table cell box. So if the text is shorter than the box there is space in the front.

For more complex appearance you may need get into the cell template settings and have the text values in a data set.

mrodriguess
Calcite | Level 5

Not basically... My idea is centralize the text. I think that an html border works too, but I has couldn´t referenciate too.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-03-at-1.38.36-AM

ballardw
Super User

Definitely not a Proc ODSTEXT p statement.

HTML may be an ODSTEXT statement, not the Proc, with the right Raw html inserted.

With some output I can create the document with other tools and the see what the generated instructions are. Such as to find the Raw RTF codes for something.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation