BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Has anyone noticed that the "Insert SAS Code" sometimes doesn't appear correct in Internet Explorer?

Case in point: This post

Under IE 11, I see only parts of the SAS code:

Region Capture.png

However, under Chrome I can see the entire message:

Region Capture2.png

I recently asked an OP to repost his program because it was illegible. I just now looked in Chrome and I see that his program is fine.

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I'll take a look Rick -- maybe our code formatter is misbehaving under IE 11.  The "};" combo might be tripping it up.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Here's irony: I can't view your complete reply in IE 11.  It gets truncated.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

A ha! Great to know.  So it's not our syntax coloring piece.  I think it might be the AddThis component (the widget that allows for sharing on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).  I see some errors in the IE console from that.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Could I get an update on the status of this issue? It has become a major irritation that affects many posts in the IML community and any other posts that use DATA step arrays.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Rick_SAS- we haven't had time to resolve this yet, but I'll try to take a look in the next few days to see if removing or tweaking our AddThis component helps the situation.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@Rick_SAS Update: I performed some testing over the weekend to try to "eliminate" the cause from any of our SAS-specific scripts and behaviors on the community.  I couldn't find the cause in our content, so I've opened a track with our communities platform vendor.  They have replicated the issue and are investigating a fix.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for your attention to this issue.  Just over 20% of our visitors come to the site using IE.  We know that IE is the corporate standard for many customers and while we can recommend Chrome and Firefox for a better experience, that's often not a practical option.  We'll get this resolved.

Chris

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

All fixed now! Thanks for reporting it with such detail -- it made it simple to reproduce and narrow down, so we could get our vendor to fix it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation