BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Phil11
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone,

Please would anyone be willing to give me tips on how to get an opportunity to volunteer? My background is in Healthcare and I would prefer to volunteer in Clinical or Pharmaceutical related projects. I desire to sharpen my SAS and statistical skills.

My email is: muyiwaates@gmail.com, In case there is anyone in the community that is interested in having me volunteer on his/her project.

Thank you so much.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Where in the world are you?

My recommendation would be to build yourself an online portfolio that clearly shows what you can do via blog posts or GitHub code. SAS UE is free to download and use and New York Open Data Portal has a few very good open data health data sets that you can make use of to start with. Additionally, a lot of survey data in the US (NHANES) are freely available and use SAS for coding. Having familiarity with these will help you for sure. 

Good Luck. 

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

SAS I don't know.  If you are in Chicago and are really comfortable working with R/Python, I can ask my mate who is currently doing a project in healthcare associated with Northwestern although he is my mate at DePaul. Well, he asked me if i could recommend somebody few weeks ago, at the time i didn't. 

Again, R/Python only. That's also the reason my mate didn't consider me

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation