BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

When you look at a question/topic in the Forum there are lists that appear on the right hand side.  For example today I see four things: "SAS Global Forum", a SAS Youtube video link, "Recommended by SAS" and "Discussion Stats".

So my suggestion is could that space be used to show a list of similar questions to the current topic.  I know the tool has some way to find similar questions because they pop-up when you are typing the subject of your question/topic.

This would make it much easier to re-direct repetitive questions to earlier questions that already have solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Update: I added the Related Topics widget for forum topics and library articles. Let us know what you think. This is a built-in platform widget and we can't adjust its behavior. However, we can look at improving the "Recommended by SAS" widget.  Since many of you are in here every day (thank you!) and read almost all topics, the recommendations are bound to be odd. They are based on topics that people "like you" have looked at...but that you haven't seen yet.  The obvious shortcomings are: there's no one really like you, and there isn't much you haven't looked at 😉

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Can't agree more. Spot on!!! Sir!!!!!

ballardw
Super User

I would certainly find that much more useful than the "Recommended by SAS" which I have to remember to actually look for as I have been screening out because it almost never "recommends" anything I'm interested in and usually seems to pick the foreign language posts.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We do have a "related topics" widget that we can add/swap in, so we'll look into that. We have had it in the past and it's not super intelligent -- mostly based on keywords in titles -- but maybe it's time to try it again.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Update: I added the Related Topics widget for forum topics and library articles. Let us know what you think. This is a built-in platform widget and we can't adjust its behavior. However, we can look at improving the "Recommended by SAS" widget.  Since many of you are in here every day (thank you!) and read almost all topics, the recommendations are bound to be odd. They are based on topics that people "like you" have looked at...but that you haven't seen yet.  The obvious shortcomings are: there's no one really like you, and there isn't much you haven't looked at 😉

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks good.  I opened a question about INTNX() and there were other INTNX() questions listed in the Related Topics widget.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation