BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

My Android tablet now has the brand new version 80.1.2 of the Firefox Browser. The SAS Communities do not function properly, as the icons above the box where I type my message do not appear. (The missing icons being italic, and bold, and all of the rest of them). In addition, if I type the ampersand the dropdown menu showing other names who have responded in this thread does not appear. I do not have the problem with Chrome on the same Android tablet. I did not have this problem with whatever version of Firefox was installed a few days ago.

Can you shed any light on this?

--
Paige Miller
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @PaigeMiller  - I'll take a look. The toolbars are part of the TinyMCE editor component, pretty standard across many discussion board sites.  Firefox works fine on my Windows machine (using it now), but I'll try on my Android device in a bit.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, I have no problem on a Windows computer.

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I verified that I see the same thing when using my Android phone.  But you can use the browser options to set to "Desktop site" and get the full rich toolbars.

I can also simulate in Firefox on Windows by putting into "responsive mode".  For some reason, this strips out the TinyMCE toolbar.  However, it doesn't work that way on Chrome.  At the moment, I don't know how to solve this for you -- it seems to be a browser nuance.  Desktop mode for the site will get you working, but the experience won't be as compact.  Maybe that's what you need.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Hello, @ChrisHemedinger 

Today this happened today at about 3:05pm Eastern time in my web browser running on a Windows 10 computer.

This problem happened using both:

Firefox 82.0.3

Edge 86.0.622.68

Then about 5 minutes later, the problem went away.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation