BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I have not received any email notifications from SAS Communities since 2020-12-16.  Has something changed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks like it was blocked on my side

Based on your request I did checked on server and found that emails sent from this address community.admin@sas.com are getting blocked under “SPAM”

I have released the email and reported to security team to add new definitions so that emails will not get blocked in future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

2020-12-20 Received a "solution" notification

2020-12-22 Got a personal message notification

2020-12-23 Received a mention notification

Those seem to work, for me. Have you checked your spam filter?

PG
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Since 2020-12-16? My stream of email notifications stopped suddenly about end of May 2020, but (strangely enough) not completely: I think I've received 10 or so of those emails since then.

But I didn't complain because I've got used to it and enjoy the "silence." 🙂

Addendum (2021-03-09): The "silence" ended abruptly on March 3, 2021 (only minutes after I received the new setinit file from SAS Software Orders -- coincidence?). Now I've stopped the flood of emails by changing my notification settings.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@FreelanceReinh Nothing to do with your new setinit file -- though glad to see you're keeping your SAS healthy and working!

I'm actually glad to hear that you started receiving emails again -- it means that the recent change we made for our cloud-based email relay has improved deliverability, at least in your case. Of course, you're wise to use the notification settings to control the pace at which you receive these emails.

Our new sending email has a new name/domain: community.admin@community-mail.sas.com. Add this to your "safe sender" list, set up email rules to put in a special folder (that's what I do), and use notification settings to customize your experience.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I'm not getting e-mails either. (And they are not in my Spam or Junk mail folder)

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

They are being sent -- I'm receiving them both at my SAS e-mail and via a test account I have with Gmail.

They should come from "community.admin@sas.com".  I checked the headers to make sure things are passing the DMARC and SPF checks.  Sometimes settings here can gum things up, but it appears the mail is going out and is permitted as "from" our account (though actually sent via the community platform).

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of community.admin@sas.com designates 208.74.204.5 as permitted sender) client-ip=208.74.204.5;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
       spf=pass (google.com: domain of community.admin@sas.com designates 208.74.204.5 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=community.admin@sas.com;
       dmarc=pass (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=sas.com

I'll continue to investigate.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks like it was blocked on my side

Based on your request I did checked on server and found that emails sent from this address community.admin@sas.com are getting blocked under “SPAM”

I have released the email and reported to security team to add new definitions so that emails will not get blocked in future.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Since you reply to so many topics @Tom -- it must seem to your IT that you get a flood of notifications.  Hence the mistaken assumption about spam.  Glad to know you're putting it right!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation