BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

Is it correct understood that it is not possible to write articles in the new community as it ws possible in the old community?

I wanted to make an improvement on an article I wrote earlier, but I cant find the "edit" button, nor I can find a way to write a new article.

I only see the  "Post a question" - button.

6 REPLIES 6
LainieH
Community Manager

Hi @JacobSimonsen, We have some changes happening now related to your question. Let me circle back with the team and get you the right answer --thank you for asking we were just talking about this matter.

Lainie

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @JacobSimonsen, as Lainie said we're making some changes here.  For the articles you've created I've promoted you to "Assistant Publisher", which should allow you to make edits.  Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

Chris

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I am not familiar with "articles" in this forum. This leaves un-answered the question ... how do you find articles so you can read them and comment on them?

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

See the latest post from @AnnaBrown:

How to nominate a discussion for an article topic.

Regarding commenting on articles: that's a capability that we are considering tweaking.  It's best when discussions happen in the discussion forums, and we leave articles as a type of end result -- the fruition of a really useful discussion with useful tips and ideally an accepted solution.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11
Before the change of the community in August, it was possible to make a contribution either as a question or as an article or as an idea. Now it seems only possible to contribute with questions.
And it is difficult or impossible to find the articles/ideas.
I see that others also has discussed that.
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

Hi @ChrisHemedinger,

Still I cant edit my article. It looks as below

edit_article.JPG

And no "edit"-button anywhere else.

But, maybe it not worthwhile to think more about this piece of work. It is too difficult to find it anyway.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation