BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner of SAS Uni. Edi. 

I wonder how it can read from my SAS exiting data.

I imported the data from my 'E' drive. And the property was /folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/bn20186m.sas7bdat

which I inserted in libname Dir  

Please kindly see below.

I am grateful for your time and help. Have a wonderful Sunday ! Thank you in advance.

Ps

SAS Uni. Edit..jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

PLEASE start by working through the basic lessons for University Edition, as it would help you avoid such very simple mistakes.

A SAS library is a directory containing .sas7bdat files, not one if the files itself! A .sas7bdat file is a SAS dataset.

So assign the libname as

libname dir "/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94";

And do NOT post code in pictures! Use the "little running man" button to open a window for posting code and copy/paste it there, also see my footnotes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

PLEASE start by working through the basic lessons for University Edition, as it would help you avoid such very simple mistakes.

A SAS library is a directory containing .sas7bdat files, not one if the files itself! A .sas7bdat file is a SAS dataset.

So assign the libname as

libname dir "/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94";

And do NOT post code in pictures! Use the "little running man" button to open a window for posting code and copy/paste it there, also see my footnotes.

PhanS
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear KurtBremser,

Thanks you ! 

I acknowledge my mistake. I switched from a SAS license today. I have a long way to learn the Edition.

Again I am grateful for your time and help.

Ps