BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

How do I increase the time I can stay logged on to the Community? I am the only person who uses this computer, and it would be great to be able to avoid re-logging on more than once per day.

I can't see an option in My Settings, or a relevant post in the Community.

Can anyone help?

Norman.

Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) X64_10PRO WIN 10.0.17763 Workstation

4 REPLIES 4
mkeintz
PROC Star

You can't assume that it is the sas community server that is disconnecting you.

It could easily be (and in my experience probably is) an internet service provider between your system and the community server that breaks the connection after observing no traffic for a given period of time.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Currently you would be "signed out" after a period of inactivity, currently about 3 hours.  But...sign in is managed by your SAS profile, so re-authenticating often does not require you to enter credentials again, since that authentication can be managed in browser cookies. 

But cookie expiry policies can be affected by your own org policies and network.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

I too find having to repeatedly re-enter my credentials during the day to be pretty annoying.  

However, I find that if I periodically refresh my screen, it stays connected all day, and I only have to enter my credentials once per day.  So, even when I'm busy at work, and don't have time to see what's going on with SAS communities, I just flip every few hours over to my browser and hit F5.

Jim

Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you all for the swift replies!

I'll try the "F5" suggestion of jimbarbour, as that is straightforward and under my control.

Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) X64_10PRO WIN 10.0.17763 Workstation