BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All

I can't seem to find something like a Discord or Slack community for SAS - would anyone be interested in something like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

I'm one of the admins for the "sasusers" slack group - we have hundreds of members, it's an open group, anyone can join:

https://join.slack.com/t/sasusers/shared_invite/zt-7w1z5ott-kEYvtjdGzV0nBic~F1cA8Q

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In discord, there is no public server for SAS, is there?
A place for chatting is certainly nice, but I don't think it's desirable to have a place for questions/answers and scattered knowledge.
Why don't you suggest to add a chat server in SAS Community?

GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8
yeah can do.
I find the Slack community for dbt great. and they run Q&A sessions for their conferences through there as well. Its really cool.
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

I'm one of the admins for the "sasusers" slack group - we have hundreds of members, it's an open group, anyone can join:

https://join.slack.com/t/sasusers/shared_invite/zt-7w1z5ott-kEYvtjdGzV0nBic~F1cA8Q

/Allan

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8
Ah Brilliant, thnx!

I think you should have a banner at the top of the Community Page to link to the Slack channel.
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

Communities is run by SAS institute, whereas the slack channel is run by SAS users (like myself).  It's also worth nothing that the slack channel is on 'free tier' so messages are automatically deleted after sometime, unlike communities where helpful answers are preserved and indexed.

So for questions / answers, communities rocks!  For random chit chat, slack is one option. There is also a chat feature on https://sasensei.com (not as good as slack though).

/Allan

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation