BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Until recently I was able to safely obtain a preview of attached .docx, .xlsx, .pdf and some other types of files by clicking on the filename (and not on the download button). Has this useful feature been discontinued or is it just a problem with my browser or perhaps antivirus software?

With both Chrome and Internet Explorer the filename now appears as plain text (and nothing happens when I click on it)

preview_attachment.png

and the HTML source code mentions "link-disabled":

<span class="lia-link-navigation lia-attachment-link-disabled lia-link-disabled" id="link_9">linePlot_LogbaseX_Axis.docx</span>

The example above is from this post, but all other posts with attachments seem to be affected as well, including this one from November 2019 where the preview definitely worked at that time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @FreelanceReinh -- I have noticed this recently as well.  This feature is enabled by a setting that we control in our admin system, and we do have it turned on.  We'll log a support case to look into it.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @FreelanceReinh -- I have noticed this recently as well.  This feature is enabled by a setting that we control in our admin system, and we do have it turned on.  We'll log a support case to look into it.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @ChrisHemedinger,

Thanks a lot. The preview feature is working again, I've just tested it with .docx, .xlsx, .pdf and .txt attachments.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Thanks for verifying @FreelanceReinh ! I learned that this was a top priority issue affecting a number of community forums who use the same service that we use, and the vendor was working hard to fix it quickly.

ballardw
Super User

It may be something on your end as well. I have never been able to "preview" documents except TXT from this forum.

I have suspect something managed by our many levels of nannyware in my case. I have to click on the download arrow to see the rest.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation