BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bgayle
SAS Employee

Hello all. I am now on my third career adventure.  The first began too many eons ago to mention, but the result was that I became a Register Pharmacist and practiced as a retail pharmacist in the Chicago area for over a decade.

At this point now married, and looking for more sunshine and a new career, my wife and I moved to Florida where I went back to school earning a Degree in Computer and Information Sciences. I remained in Florida for over 20 years working in the IT department for a hospital in the Southeast. While I was there, the organization grew into a seven hospital, 40+ outpatient clinic, and Homecare Health System. The IT demands throughout this growth period was significant and I was able to be involved in many diverse aspects of IT. My roles within the department were varied.  From database administration to application systems, from Analyst to Director, my IT career flourished. Throughout this tenure, I learned and used SAS, where it became my go-to tool for productivity and solution implementations. Children (twins) were born and raised, lots of tennis played, and Florida truly became home.

Now in my most recent adventure in Cary, NC, I am now a SAS Principal Technical Training Instructor. I teach SAS programming courses and have been doing this now for over 14 years. I pretty much teach all the Foundation SAS programming courses, with a few additions: Introduction to SAS and Hadoop (Programming using the SAS/ACCESS for Hadoop interface), SAS DS2 (SAS Data Step 2), and Programming for SAS Viya (Base SAS program considerations for moving from a traditional SAS Foundation environment to a SAS Viya environment). It is wonderful to be able to take something you enjoy and share it with others.

I look forward to interacting with the Community and to new programming adventures.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Autotuning Deep Learning Models Using SAS

Follow along as SAS’ Robert Blanchard explains three aspects of autotuning in a deep learning context: globalized search, localized search and an in parallel method using SAS.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 in conversation