BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
u57952019
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Kindly assist, i am currently doing a macro course as i am preparing to write the certification, however i am struggling to get the sample program/data used on SAS studio .

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

OK - so you are using SAS On Demand for Academics, and you have successfully signed in. Did you follow all of the remaining steps in the instructions in the precise order listed? 

Setup Instructions for SAS OnDemand for Academics: SAS Studio

To complete the practices in this course, you must complete the steps below to set up the data sets and practice files for SAS Studio. These instructions assume that you have an active SAS OnDemand for Academics account.

1. Open this zip file and extract it to any location on your computer. The unzip process creates a folder named EMC1V2 that includes one SAS program: createdataMC1_oda.sas.
  2. Start SAS Studio from your SAS OnDemand for Academics Dashboard.
  3. In the Server Files and Folders panel, select Files (Home).
  4. At the top of the Server Files and Folders panel, click New 

and select Folder.
  5. In the Name box, type EMC1V2 in uppercase exactly as shown. Click Save.
  6. If necessary, expand Files(Home) and verify that the EMC1V2 folder was created.
  7. Select the EMC1V2 folder and click Upload

8. In the Upload Files window, click Choose Files. Browse to the EMC1V2 folder on your computer, select createdataMC1_oda.sas, and click Open. Click Upload. The program is added to the EMC1V2 folder on the server.
  9. In SAS Studio, double-click createdataMC1_oda.sas to open the program.
  10. Click Run

or press F3 to run the program. This program creates all the SAS files and data you need for this course, so it might take a few moments to run. After the program runs, a list of SAS tables is displayed in the Results tab.

11. In the Server Files and Folders panel, you can see the EMC1V2 folder. Double-click libname.sas and run the program. You can now access the data for the course. Each time you sign into SAS OnDemand for Academics: SAS Studio, you must run the libname.sas program to access the data.
  12. In the EMC1V2 folder, you should have six subfolders: activitiesautocall, case_study, datademos, and practices.
Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

What macro course are you taking?

u57952019
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi ,

eLearning : SAS macro Language 1 essentials. I am struggling to get the practicing data. I have tried to check how i can download it however i don't see any option
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

Have you:

1. Determined how you will access SAS for studying (SAS On Demand for Academics or SAS University Edition)

Free software option How the software works How you access the software
SAS OnDemand for Academics You register for an account to get access to SAS in the cloud. All you need is a web browser with an internet connection. Go here and click the Getting Started tab. Follow the instructions in the Independent Learners section to register and log in.
SAS University Edition You download and install virtualization software, and then download the SAS University Edition vApp. There are instructions that walk you through these steps! After you are set up, you don't need an internet connection to run the software. Go here and then click Get free software.

2. Completed the detailed instructions provided for your SAS version in the section titled "Setting Up the Course Data Files (REQUIRED)"?

If you are having trouble with the instructions provided, please indicate what particular step is causing the problem and/or what error you are getting in the SAS Log.

May the SAS be with you!
Mark

u57952019
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

Yes i did follow the steps , and managed to open SAS on demand for academics, and that is where i get stuck as i am not sure how to go about getting the data. I went to folders and libraries as well but i don't see the practice data. Hence i thought perhaps the is a way to down load the data then import it.
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

OK - so you are using SAS On Demand for Academics, and you have successfully signed in. Did you follow all of the remaining steps in the instructions in the precise order listed? 

Setup Instructions for SAS OnDemand for Academics: SAS Studio

To complete the practices in this course, you must complete the steps below to set up the data sets and practice files for SAS Studio. These instructions assume that you have an active SAS OnDemand for Academics account.

1. Open this zip file and extract it to any location on your computer. The unzip process creates a folder named EMC1V2 that includes one SAS program: createdataMC1_oda.sas.
  2. Start SAS Studio from your SAS OnDemand for Academics Dashboard.
  3. In the Server Files and Folders panel, select Files (Home).
  4. At the top of the Server Files and Folders panel, click New 

and select Folder.
  5. In the Name box, type EMC1V2 in uppercase exactly as shown. Click Save.
  6. If necessary, expand Files(Home) and verify that the EMC1V2 folder was created.
  7. Select the EMC1V2 folder and click Upload

8. In the Upload Files window, click Choose Files. Browse to the EMC1V2 folder on your computer, select createdataMC1_oda.sas, and click Open. Click Upload. The program is added to the EMC1V2 folder on the server.
  9. In SAS Studio, double-click createdataMC1_oda.sas to open the program.
  10. Click Run

or press F3 to run the program. This program creates all the SAS files and data you need for this course, so it might take a few moments to run. After the program runs, a list of SAS tables is displayed in the Results tab.

11. In the Server Files and Folders panel, you can see the EMC1V2 folder. Double-click libname.sas and run the program. You can now access the data for the course. Each time you sign into SAS OnDemand for Academics: SAS Studio, you must run the libname.sas program to access the data.
  12. In the EMC1V2 folder, you should have six subfolders: activitiesautocall, case_study, datademos, and practices.
u57952019
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you so much. This was really helpful.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Autotuning Deep Learning Models Using SAS

Follow along as SAS’ Robert Blanchard explains three aspects of autotuning in a deep learning context: globalized search, localized search and an in parallel method using SAS.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation