BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bbb_NG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I have problem with sign on encoding.

with the error;

NOTE: Remote signon to REMHOST commencing (SAS Release 9.03.01M2P081512).
NOTE: Script file 'tcpwin.scr' entered.
NOTE: Logged onto Windows... Starting remote SAS now.
NOTE: SAS/CONNECT conversation established.
ERROR: The client session encoding utf-8 is not compatible with the server session encoding wlatin1.

Can SB give a hand as how to solve the above problem.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

Please have a look here http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/69581/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1smv71b6303yen17k... which gives some explanation on the error you get.

If possible use the same encoding for the client and server sessions.

Bruno

bbb_NG
Fluorite | Level 6

HI Bruno,

I've found the instructions already, sorry I still have no idea how to solve it.

Actually, the same code (signon-singoff rsubmit-endrsubmit) can run successfully on SAS 9.3.

While I embedded the SAS file into a BAT file. It reports the above error.

Can you figure out that?

Thanks in advance.

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

I think it is best to contact technical support for this. While you say it runs under some circumstances but not others, one has to figure out the differences between the two, like SAS version for client and server, session encoding for client and server, etc.

You can run the following on the client as well as on the server to get information on version and session encoding.

%put NOTE: &=sysvlong &=sysscpl;
proc options group=languagecontrol;
run;

Bruno

bbb_NG
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Bruno,

Thanks a lot for your help.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation