BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Everybody,

I can see from the log entries of the Metadata Server Log, that a ton of times, the "sasevs@saspw" is contacting the metaserver and object spawner, respectively. 

This "pollutes" quite a lot the corresponding logs.

How can I avoid this pollution, ohter then shutting down the EVM services (agent + server) so that no entries are done anymore?

Can I somehow change the frequency?

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You can change the collection interval for the metrics in Environment Manager, which would reduce how frequently those occur. This is under Manage -> Monitoring Defaults. You can edit the template for things like the Metadata Server and the Object Spawner and its related servers. The metrics under the utilization section trigger queries to these servers using sasevs@saspw.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Perhaps you should ask yourself what is more important - collecting monitoring metrics on your SAS servers and using EVM to monitor them or creating large SAS server admin logs. For me personally monitoring SAS server health is more important. The "polluted" logs are not so important as I only look at them if something is going wrong. It all depends on your priorities...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation