BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I was posting this on "base sas programming" window but not sure if it needs to here to get some comment/ideas,

Hello - I have Linux grid environment sas 9.4. trying remote submit code from sas grid environment to test sas server where have sas metadata server/object spawner and sas connect spawner up and running fine.

I can ssh from grid sas server 9from where I am executing code) to test server.

when I run below code, receives below error.

options metaserver=servername.com metaport=8561 metauser=userid metapass=XXXXXXXX;
%let rc=%sysfunc(grdsvc_enable(_all_, server=SASApp));

NOTE: Connecting to SAS Metadata Server produced: ERROR: No logical grid server exists for SAS Application Server "SASApp".
NOTE: SAS application server not found; the local machine will be used.

signon ses1;

rsubmit;

sas statements....

endrsubmit;

signoff;

I added test sas server to "sasapp - logical workspace server" under grid environment but still sees that error...

anything else needs to be done?

2 REPLIES 2
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Does the user you are connecting to the Metadata server with have Read access to SASApp and it's definitions ?

Does anything show in the Metadata server log when you connect ? 

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I changed connection code little bit and it seems working fine - however, it doesn't seems code is executing on remote server, it is executing on sas grid environment itself and not to remote test server.

Goal is executing sas job from grid sas environment to remote test server where we have sas running fine as well.

%let rhost=remotehost.name.com 7541;

options remote=rhost comamid=tcp

netencryptalgorithm=sasproprietary

metauser=userid

metapass=XXX;

signon;

NOTE: Remote signon to RHOST commencing (SAS Release 9.04.01M3P062415).

NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.PROFILE. WORK.PROFILE will be opened instead.

NOTE: All profile changes will be lost at the end of the session.

NOTE: Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.

NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software 9.4 (TS1M3)

Licensed to xxx , Site xxx.

NOTE: This session is executing on the Linux 2.6.32-696.10.3.el6.x86_64 (LIN X64) platform.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation