BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KVRamana
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm Trying to execute SAS program using JCL in Micro Focus environment triggered MFSAS-FDS utility provided by Micro Focus. When I submitted the Job(JCL) getting below error not able to proceed further:

C:\SAS\SASWORK>sas JCL401074STEP10.SAS -sysparm "JOBID=JCL4;dbuser=JESUSER;database=DB2T;options='';"

'sas' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
RETURN-CODE=9009

*********** Warning *****************
PGM=SASPIPE OPEN ERROR
SAS Log file not found
SASLOGF-STATUS: 35
*********** Warning *****************

Thank you,

Ramana.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KVRamana
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Kurt!  Yes, you are right, it has things beyond the developer's control. Micro Focus (MF) has a SAS-FDS utility to make SAS work through JCL if both SAS and Micro Focus are on the same box. In our case, both are on different servers (both are Windows servers - No Unix or Linux), and I have worked extensively with the MF team to tailor the SAS-FDS Utility to have remote connectivity to the SAS server as and when a JCL step encounter SAS program. Things are up and running now.

Thank you for the clue which showed me a way to get an extraordinary achievement.  

"It's amazing to see what we can achieve, no matter who gets the credit".

Have a nice time!!!

-Ramana.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KVRamana
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Kurt,

Thank you very much for the quick clue on the error. Can I know if some sample temple for the Environment Variables to be declared in Micro Focus enterprise server to connect to SAS Server. I know Both Servers are in the same domain.

Thank you in advance,

Ramana.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The fact that the JCL tries to start SAS from this path

C:\SAS\SASWORK>

lets me suspect it already does this on the SAS server.

You then need to get JCL to use the full path to the SAS executable, which usually is

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe

For the details, you need to get your SAS server admin and the MicroFocus admins to work together.

Disclaimer: our MicroFocus mainframe environment runs on Linux, and the scheduler (and therefore the JCL scripting) is still done on a regular z/OS instance.

And SAS jobs are run from the scheduler via SSH/SFTP.

KVRamana
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much Kurt!

-Ramana.

KVRamana
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Kurt!  Yes, you are right, it has things beyond the developer's control. Micro Focus (MF) has a SAS-FDS utility to make SAS work through JCL if both SAS and Micro Focus are on the same box. In our case, both are on different servers (both are Windows servers - No Unix or Linux), and I have worked extensively with the MF team to tailor the SAS-FDS Utility to have remote connectivity to the SAS server as and when a JCL step encounter SAS program. Things are up and running now.

Thank you for the clue which showed me a way to get an extraordinary achievement.  

"It's amazing to see what we can achieve, no matter who gets the credit".

Have a nice time!!!

-Ramana.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation