BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

our clients are not able to import/export output/report from base SAS and i think they don't have "SAS/ACCESS interface to PC file" installed on their machine. I am assuming if i will isntall this piece of s/w, they will able to do same.

my question is do i need to congifure SAS s/w when i will run SDW at time of the installment? or i can just select "add new software" in SDW?

please advise.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi,

SAS/ACCESS to PC Files is a component of SAS Foundation, so this will be re-installed if you choose to add the ACCESS product.

I don't believe you will need to configure SAS if you just want to use Access to PC Files from Base SAS, so you can select "Add New Software" to install it.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi,

SAS/ACCESS to PC Files is a component of SAS Foundation, so this will be re-installed if you choose to add the ACCESS product.

I don't believe you will need to configure SAS if you just want to use Access to PC Files from Base SAS, so you can select "Add New Software" to install it.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation