BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jbond007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS Community,

I'm searching for a documentation to restrict or limit the email recipients when using email feature of SAS EG. Like for example, the email can only be send to recipients with @ymail.com and when sending to @gmail.com it will send an error message. I know this is a long shot because this setup usually can be done on the SMTP server level but maybe this is possible in SAS as well?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Correct, this would prevent the EMAIL access method from working at all.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You can disable the EMAIL access method entirely using LOCKDOWN, but I'm not aware of any way to limit the domains of emails to be sent. As you say, this would need to be done at the mail server level.

FILENAME Statement: EMAIL (SMTP) Access Method
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/lestmtsglobal/n0ig2krarrz6vtn1aw9zzvtez4qo...

SAS Processing Restrictions for Servers in a Locked-Down State
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/lrcon/n0ez235imkrngan1frvwgfsm2l45.htm
--
jbond007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Greg,

Disabling email access method will disable the whole email functionality right?. I guess the only way is on SMTP level. Appreciate the response 🙂 

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Correct, this would prevent the EMAIL access method from working at all.
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation