BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mgcABS
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to upgrade our SAS 9.4 TS1 M6 environment (Lev2) to M7.

The environment is EBI Four Machines.

Software upgrade went OK, but when it tried to "Update existing configuration" on the App Server, it's convinced there's a Metadata Server instance that needs to be upgraded, and fails because there isn't.

There has never been a metadata server on this machine.

It prompts for and connects properly to the actual Metadata Server.

Running Deployment Manager and "Remove Existing Configuration" shows no Metadata Server to remove.

Presumably, it's getting this from somewhere, I presume from a configuration or manifest file somewhere in the configuration, but I can't find it. Any ideas short of a clean install? (Kind of reluctant to do that, there are users on it doing some important work, but it's looking that might be the only option.)

Thought I'd try in here before going to Tech Support in case someone's had this kind of problem before.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This type of problem will likely require some diagnosing so I think Tech Support is your best bet. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation