BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

Hello, we have non-distributed sas 9.4m3 environment and we are upgrading one sas product. is that plan file stays same for each environment (if i have like metadata, va, mid-tier) or depot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @woo,

yes, I would like to ask you, as well, to refresh your sentence/s, and we might need some additional information.

Let me try with what I believe to understand:

- You have a 9.4M3 environment.

- Since you say non-distributed, I believe you refer to SAS Visual Analytics, or a installation that is just 1 server, of other solution.

- You want to upgrade a product ... if you have SAS 9.4M3, and if you have SAS VA 7.3, perhaps you are thinking about "upgrading" SAS VA 7.3 to 7.5 or similar, but still within the SAS 9.4 version.

If above is a right guess understanding of your question, you would not need a new plan file, per-se. you only need a new depot, that includes VA 7.5 (so this would be 9.4M5), and run the setup / SAS Deployment Wizard (see the SAS Guide to Software Updates http://documentation.sas.com/api/docsets/whatsdiff/9.4/content/whatsdiff.pdf?locale=en )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
What do you mean by upgrading one sas product? Are you adding a new SAS product that is not in the installation? Is it a SAS Foundation product like a SAS/ACCESS product or a larger solution like adding SAS Marketing Automation? If you can be a little more specific about what exactly you intend to do we can likely get your a better answer.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @woo,

yes, I would like to ask you, as well, to refresh your sentence/s, and we might need some additional information.

Let me try with what I believe to understand:

- You have a 9.4M3 environment.

- Since you say non-distributed, I believe you refer to SAS Visual Analytics, or a installation that is just 1 server, of other solution.

- You want to upgrade a product ... if you have SAS 9.4M3, and if you have SAS VA 7.3, perhaps you are thinking about "upgrading" SAS VA 7.3 to 7.5 or similar, but still within the SAS 9.4 version.

If above is a right guess understanding of your question, you would not need a new plan file, per-se. you only need a new depot, that includes VA 7.5 (so this would be 9.4M5), and run the setup / SAS Deployment Wizard (see the SAS Guide to Software Updates http://documentation.sas.com/api/docsets/whatsdiff/9.4/content/whatsdiff.pdf?locale=en )

woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11
Thanks Juan, Simon. Sorry I was not more specific but yes, have same products installed and it's just upgrade product lets say from 1.1 to 2.1 and Sas 94m3 to sas 9.4m5. And we have new depot for that.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation