BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bbieber
Fluorite | Level 6

My organization recently upgraded our SAS install from SAS 9.4 TS1M3 (x86) to SAS 9.4 TS1M7 (x64). In Base SAS before the upgrade, ods html files would save to the current/active folder without specifying path.  After the upgrade, ods html files without the path statement save to the default work directory regardless of current/active folder. 

I can clearly update my ods html statements to include path="examplePath", but my organization has a significant amount of legacy code that is dependent on ods html statements without path specification. Are there any config file or other settings that can be changed so the default save location for ods html files is the current/active folder?

If helpful, I have confirmed that ods excel files save to the current/active folder without further specification of path.

ods html file = "testFile.html";
ods html file = "testFile.html" path ="c:\example\path";
2 REPLIES 2
bbieber
Fluorite | Level 6

Turns out, it was a pretty simple fix. 

Tools . . . Options . . .Preferences . . . Results -> ensure that 'Use WORK folder' is not checked. 

I had previously unchecked the 'Create HTML' box (because I prefer the list location) which greyed out the 'Use Work folder' checkbox, but kept it checked.

If anyone knows whether there is an administrative way to set this in our organization's configuration file, let me know.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

This can be done by adding an entry to the sasv9.cfg as follows
-SASINITIALFOLDER " the path you want to save files to".
In a metadata based environment, the SAS Administrator can make the change.
For details you can look here.
https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=hostwin&docsetTarget=n11s... 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation