BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

I have installed SAS EBI software on server. SAS WRS is running on same server, but SAS WRS page is not opening from client system(all related ports are open for the client system). So, please suggest what I have missed in installation or how can I resolve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
15 REPLIES 15
Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

I am enclosing the screen shot which I am getting errors

error.jpg
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your PC cannot resolve the SAS server name hmis-dr-19. On your PC windows command line run: ping hmis-dr-19. Can it find your server or not?

Also it is not good practice to include special characters in SAS server names like hyphens. It is better to have only letters and numbers. 

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your valuable support. I am using IP address 10.153.17.78 instead of url then also find the same error. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have you tried to ping the IP address from the commandline?

IP adresses starting with 10. point to a so-called "private network"; they are not routable across the internet. So if you are not on that same network, you won't be able to establish a connection at all.

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your support. according to our network admin server ip and url are registered in firewall, we are able to ping ip, ports are open 9080 and 8561. Is require any other ports to open for WRS and VDD. Please suggest, still I am struggling.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Does pinging the server name work? Also get your IT network guy to monitor your network while you do a test as the diagnostics should indicate what is going wrong. 

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you. Server IP 10.153.1x.xx is pinging, but HMIS-DR-19 is not pinging, and please also suggest which port should be open for SAS WRS. 9080 and 8561 port is already open. is require any other ports should be also open. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Aneeket wrote:

Thank you. Server IP 10.153.1x.xx is pinging, but HMIS-DR-19 is not pinging, and please also suggest which port should be open for SAS WRS. 9080 and 8561 port is already open. is require any other ports should be also open. 

You must keep in mind that the SAS web services use the server name as entered in the metadata to create the links in each page delivered to your browser. When your SAS server is pingable only via numeric IP, but not its server name, then the SAS web services won't work.

So have your network people clean up their DNS until you can ping your SAS server by servername. Until that happens, there's nothing that can be done.

Which port should be open also depends on the metadata settings. If the server is entered as http://servername in the metadata, then all links that SAS creates will point to the standard port for http (80). So the webserver needs to listen on 80, and reroute the WRS requests to the servlet container (jboss). If your web server is apache (or a derivative thereof), this is done with either mod_jk or mod_proxy.

If you only have port 9080 as the listener port, then this has to be reflected in the server metadata.

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much for your quick response and useful information. 

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

some local machine have access of this server, from some machine we are able to pinging the IP address but not to server name, and also able to telnet the port 9080 and 8561. so please suggest. what is some other requirement is open the SAS WRS.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You need to talk to your IT network folks to determine why the IP address / server name cannot be reached.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

indeed, you will need to speak with network guys why the server cannot be reached by ping.

But sometimes security policies determine that the servers cannot be pinged by alias/hostname, and you need to live with it, and SAS services can still work, if the alias is resolved to IP by a connexion to a port number (as with telnet hostname_oe_alias port_number).

If you do have telnet, you could try to do a telnet to your WRS/Web server. 

But, first, I think you need to determine on which port number your WRS or your Web server (if you do have) are listening. 

For that, you can check on which port are your SASLogon and SAS WebReportStudio applications configured, from the SAS Management Console, as it follows:

1. Log on to SAS Management Console.
  2. On the Plug-ins tab, select Application Managementthen selectConfiguration Managerthen select SAS Application Infrastructure.
  3. Right-click the SAS Web application name, and select Properties.
  4. Click the Internal Connection tab.

Internal Connection Tab for BI Dashboard Properties

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation