BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sampsas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, we have sas 9.4 on linux. I renewed sas license and update sid in metadata. i renewed license after warning period ended, so (sas servers were down). sas sent sid which has different site number than previous one (expired one). now if i got metadata manager -> metadata utilities -> i see different site numbers with product and expiration date details (2old + 2new) - is it okay or i still need to get rid of 2 older ones (expired one)?

site#123 site#234   <-- these are expired one 

site#567 site#678   <-- these are new one 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
As long as the metadata includes the right one, the other one should not matter, it is legacy.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
As long as the metadata includes the right one, the other one should not matter, it is legacy.
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
There is no harm having more than one setinit loaded into the SAS Metadata Server. The applications that read the setinits from Metadata have logic to check all the setinits that are there to see if they are licensed.
sampsas
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Juan and Simon.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation