BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys!

please advise!

We are trying to install SAS on Win7 machine from long time but somehow we are not able to install it. In error  message, 64bit components are not installing properly and to overcome this issue I was working with SAS technical support. They did remote in and did some troubleshoot and they are saying that it might be a problem with system itself. We have found one DLL, MSVCR90.DLL, that is not being picked up while installation.I have also attached log (attached IT log) for SAS installation error.

any one have any idea what need to be done?

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Something similar happened to us on Windows server 2008,  and after days of trouble shooting, we end up re-imaging the Windows server box, that of course squared the problem. But I suppose it was easier for us because the machine is a dedicated SAS server, so we don't need to backup/transfer anything before the re-imaging.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your reply Hai.Kuo - what is the re-imaging the windows server box? can you please tell me - Thanks.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Well, if for PC, it equals to format your hard drive then reinstall Win7. I work for a big organization which has hundreds of Windows servers, lots of them are virtual machines, so what they do is whenever a server needs to be rebuilt, they will 'copy' the whole system back from an exact clean backup, byte by byte, hence "re-imagming". If you have used Ghost or Trueimage for PC, you will instantly know what it is. The pros is you will get the 'exact' copy in a much short period of time. Re-imaging a Windows 2008 sever (typical setup) will take less than 20 minutes (of course your mileage may vary depending on your hardware), while re-installing a same system may take 5-6 hours.

Haikuo

Ron_MacroMaven
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Java.32-bit

*-must-*

be installed

*-before-*

beginning the SAS installation.

Ron Fehd knot(mix.n.match)? maven

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks everyone for your comment.

We did use other userid with win7, userid which has higher privileges than me, to isntall SAS and it went just fine. we did figure that the way we are handling admin rights is was not working to install SAS. we needed some very high admin/system admin privileges to isntall SAS on this case. so we may have to change the way we are handeing it at our organization.

Thanks Hai-Kuo.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation