BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Viraaj
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

One of our SAS user trying to run the proc varcomp and they getting below error message in SAS log:

ERROR: Unable to allocate sufficient memory. At least 2097152K bytes were requested, but only
2097150K were available. You must either increase the amount of memory available, or approach
the problem differently.

I have added -MAXMEMQUERY MAX on SAS config file (sasv9.cfg), still giving the same error how can I fix this problem? Please, anyone, help me out on this.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

MEMSIZE is the option to adjust here. 2G for MEMSIZE is a bit low these days. Try -MEMSIZE 3G. There is no guarantee this will fix the error. With statistical procedures like VARCOMP, simplifying the analysis is often required.

Viraaj
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the response. I have tried -MEMSIZE 3G and -MEMSIZE MAX, it doesn't work.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What does "it doesn't work" mean? Does it actually change the MEMSIZE setting - you can confirm this by using PROC OPTIONS. Or does it successfully change the setting but VARCOMP still fails?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation