BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AsakoOkano
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I have SAS Intelligence platform working on Windows Environment. I want to set my sas app server's session encoding to UTF16 using sasv9_usermods.cfg file.

here what I have tried

1. Add following system option to SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/sasv9_usermods.cfg. and this did not work.

-ENCODING UTF-16

error message

[Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible CONFIG file.

2. Add following system option to SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/sasv9_usermods.cfg. and this worked properly.

-ENCODING shift-jis

my environment local is ja_JP and DFLANG is Japanses. DBCS option is specified. I suspect this cause combination mismatch of local and encoding and other system option. but unfortunately I did not figure out which system option is wrong. Please anyone give me advice.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

If I read the NLS reference correctly Language Japanese only supports SHIFT-JIS, EUC-JP and IBM-939 encoding.

Are you sure that you need to set the SESSION to UTF-16? Perhaps you can get by with using the encoding option on statements such as FILE, Filename, Infile and ODS or INENCODING or OUTENCODING with LIBNAME statements.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

If I read the NLS reference correctly Language Japanese only supports SHIFT-JIS, EUC-JP and IBM-939 encoding.

Are you sure that you need to set the SESSION to UTF-16? Perhaps you can get by with using the encoding option on statements such as FILE, Filename, Infile and ODS or INENCODING or OUTENCODING with LIBNAME statements.

ehbales
SAS Employee

The only version of Unicode that SAS supports as a session encoding is UTF-8. SAS can read and write files that are encoded as UTF-16 or UTF-32. However, neither encoding is supported in a SAS session.

Elizabeth

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation