BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
robm
Quartz | Level 8

I have 2 slave nodes that i need to redeploy web applications on and the issue I am having is what are the applications called? I have a staging area on that masternode that i have coppied all the contes from to the slaves so I have a list of web applications is that the list I use

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run undeploy application sas.workflow9.4.ear   SASServer1_1

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run deploy application sas.workflow9.4.ear   SASServer1_1

for instance?

Additional Steps for Horizontal Clusters

To redeploy web applications on additional machines in a horizontal cluster, follow these steps:

1. Stop the SAS Web Application Server instances on the additional machines.
  1. Copy the updated application EAR and WAR files from the primary machine to the staging directory on the additional machines.
    The staging directory is typically SAS-config-dir\Levn\Web\Staging.

1. Use the appsrvconfig command on each additional machine to undeploy and redeploy the web applications:

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run undeploy application application-name server SASServer1

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run deploy application application-name server SASServer1
4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

All is documented by the SAS installation and/or fixes. It is not your own application as part of the WEB-server they are build and owned by SAS-institute.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
robm
Quartz | Level 8

ok thanks ..shust hard to figure out the naming convention.

jag_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi robm. I've not worked extensively with the undeploy and redeploy commands, but I know a little about the middle tier deployment that may help you understand the doc a bit better. First in the doc you reference if you go to the topic  Scripting Tool for SAS Web Application Server you will see that it references a file called appserver.properties and that this file, which is located on your master under Lev<n>/Web/Scripts/AppServer/props, is referenced when you run the commands you mention. In here you will find the names of all the applications you have deployed in the environment and the name of the application server instance that was configured to manage an application. For example on one of my systems in this file I have the following entries:

application.15.name=SASThemes9.4

application.15.serverName=SASServer1

application.20.name=SASVisualAnalyticsServices6.3

application.20.serverName=SASServer12

These properties tell me that SASThemes9.4 is the "application-name" of the application I want to undeploy and that SASServer1 is the "server". If I wanted to undeploy only this application the command syntax would look like:

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run undeploy application SASThemes9.4 server SASServer1  <- This is for Windows. Use appsrvconfig.sh for Unix.

If I wanted to undeploy everything that is managed under SASServer1 I could specify "all" for the application-name instead:

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run undeploy application all server SASServer1

For SASVisualAnalyticsServices6.3 I would use:

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run undeploy application SASVisualAnalyticsServices6.3 server SASServer12

And for everything under SASServer12 I would use:

appsrvconfig.cmd -e run undeploy application all server SASServer12

So once you have the syntax down the easiest way to retrieve specific applications names for apps that are defined in your environment would be too look for the application.<xy>.name in the properties file. Then you could use the technique described in the Executing a Batch Script section to capture all these commands in a script so you don't have to run them individually on each horizontal cluster.

robm
Quartz | Level 8

Hey thanks

all good now

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation