After first time open DI studio, a pop up menu show:

please specify a name for your metadata profile:

Name: My server,

Please enter the information necessary to establish a connection:

machine:

port:

userid:

password"

That mean I need to connect to the metadata server first before use DI studio.

My question is the metadata server should be started on the same machine with DI studio or any remote metadata server will be fine?

Please advise .

Thanks!

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

DI Studio is the client. The servers can be on the same or different machines. Same story as for other clients like SAS EG.

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

If a remote metadata server has already been started ,the machine name is my_pc ,port is 8651, how to connect that remote server use DI studio?

Thanks

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

It's all documented: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/63360/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0kvnite8j3kikn1lcbs...

You will need a valid SAS Metadata User and Password.

And this link gives you a list of Admin tasks and where you will find them documented: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/63360/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0a1xzsuqksz2pn1pgu4...

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Patrick.

If  I have two computers,one runs metadata server ,how can I connect the server from another computer? do I need the IP address of the server?

Thank you!

Mike

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

The server name would be better (as IP addresses can change) but the IP address will work.

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Patrick,

If I installed and start a metadata server in my computer,the server's name was setup automaticaly be default , how to find this server's name?

Thanks

Mike

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation