BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys,

How to build a monitor on the mounts and add to a dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The solution in the post I linked describes manually adding a file mount resource. You would do this for each mount on any host you would like to monitor.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are you talking about in Environment Manager on SAS 9.4?

I talked about monitoring a file system mount here:
https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/Monitoring-SASWORK-when-not-set-to-tmp-...
--
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Greg yes I mean that SAS EVM let me will revert back if I'm winning by the way

Thanks 🙂
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7
so Greg Is it possible to add df output to a dashboard?
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
No, you wouldn't be able to add the output of the df command to the dashboard. The Environment Manager dashboards are made up of portlets. What you could add once you have the file server mount resource defined is a metric viewer portlet that displays a particular metric for the mount (like use %). You can also add charts to the "Saved Charts" portlet by selecting the chart and choosing "add to dashboard".
--
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, thank you so I just did the portlet configurations this also helped to achieve what I wanted on the dashboard 🙂
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi again Sir, so now  I have one issue with the client’s infrastructure.

If I use the df option we can see all necessary mount points.
But if we follow what on the link you refered me to, I can only see the mount points on the specific server.

Any idea on how I could make the other mount points visible for all the servers?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The solution in the post I linked describes manually adding a file mount resource. You would do this for each mount on any host you would like to monitor.
--
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Greg,

Much appreciated,let me implement that.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation