BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MaheshRSA
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All, 

I have installed the new SAS grid on Linux server and getting below error while running to ODBC proc sql . I think have missed the creation of the some variable in Compute server . 

Can some help me .

28 proc sql noprint;
29 connect to odbc as st (dsn='LWUKWVTI13BMT' uid='sasgriduser' pwd=XXXXXXXXXXXX);
ERROR: Could not load /sas/grid/software/SASFoundation/9.4/sasexe/sasodb (99 images loaded)
ERROR: libodbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC cannot be loaded. The SASODB code appendage could not be loaded.
ERROR: A Connection to the odbc DBMS is not currently supported, or is not installed at your site.
NOTE: PROC SQL set option NOEXEC and will continue to check the syntax of statements.
30 execute (Select * from dbo.stgAAHH) by st;
NOTE: Statement not executed due to NOEXEC option.
31 disconnect from st;
NOTE: Statement not executed due to NOEXEC option.
32 quit;

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
As this is complaining about a missing library (libodbc.so), I'd suspect an issue with something being done in <SASHome>/SASFoundation/9.4/sasenv_local that is modifying the contents of LD_LIBRARY_PATH incorrectly. I'd also make sure you are providing the necessary environment variables for your ODBC connection (ODBCINI, ODBCINSTINI)

Setting UNIX Environment Variables for SAS/ACCESS
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bidsag/p1w3v98qca3sfzn1rzty2tngrfyq.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
MaheshRSA
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @gwootton ,

I have already edited sasenv_local file as mentioned  in the article .

Do I need to install ODBC driver separately ?

PFB below content of it . 

# This file is sourced by the sasenv script in !SASROOT/bin
############################################################################

export ODBCHOME=/sas/grid/software/SASODBCDriversfortheWebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer/9.4/
export ODBCINI=/sas/grid/software/SASODBCDriversfortheWebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer/9.4/Driver/odbc.ini
 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/sas/grid/software/SASODBCDriversfortheWebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer/9.4/Driver/:/usr/lib/oracle/12.2/client64/lib/:/usr/odbc/lib/
export TNS_ADMIN=/usr/lib/oracle/12.2

umask 0007

# End of sasenv_local

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Correct, you would need to first set up the ODBC driver on your compute host before being able to make use of it. You should remove the references to SASODBCDriversfortheWebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer from your sasenv_local, this is specifically for connections to the SAS environment's internal database (the Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server).

ODBC on the UNIX Platform
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/acreldb/n1ht6mv0wybbzkn1x4np6nnlwzu6.htm#n...
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation