BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Acf2
Obsidian | Level 7

Has anyone got this working?

From vscode-sas-extension/connect-and-run.md at 431a2b6e3cf11c473c1a0221a10ce9be0fccde97 · sassoftware/vs... :

Profile: SAS 9.4 (remote - IOM)

In order to use this option, you'll need to have "Integration Technologies Client" (ITC) installed on the machine this extension runs on. You can do this by making sure the "Integration Technologies Client" checkbox is checked when installing SAS 9.4, or by visiting the following link (Make sure to download the 9.4m8 option).

Profile Anatomy

The parameters listed below make up the profile settings for configuring a connection to a remote SAS 9.4 instance.

Name Description Additional Notes

NameName of the profileThis will display on the status bar
HostIOM Server HostThis will appear when hovering over the status bar
UsernameIOM Server UsernameA username to use when establishing the IOM connection to the server
PortIOM Server Port

The port of the IOM server. Default value is 8591

We cannot run a listening SSH service on our Windows 2019 server but the Integration Technologies client is showing a successful connection to SASApp - Logical Workspace Server and SASMeta. SASApp - Logical Stored Process Server times out but works using the MS Office addin. Hopefully, that is not relevant.

Using SAS.addProfile , specifying the connection name then 'SAS 9.4 (remote)' only prompts for the name of the SAS 9 SSH server and the SAS executable location on the server. How do we get the IOM option?

I have tried manually editing settings.json with these values replacing "ssh" with "com" and 22 with 8591 :

"profiles": {
            "hqocaSAS94_com": {
                "connectionType": "com",
                "host": "hqocasocial2",
                "username": "userid",
                "port": 8591
            }
        }

Running a simple SAS program, I see a quick connection attempt then 'There was an error executing the SAS Program. See console log for more details'

The VSCode Debug Console is empty.

If someone has a working IOM connection, please provide the relevant section of settings.json from VSCode.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a Tech Support track for this. The instructions clearly state you should choose an IOM connection type while adding a new connection profile. If you aren't seeing that option to select, TS help seems like the best option.

I'm also moving this to the Admin and Deploy category for better visibility.

Acf2
Obsidian | Level 7

As you suggest, I will contact SAS TS. I recently posted regarding 'Recent Files' in SAS/Studio which is related to this. VSCode keeps a lot of history whereas SAS/Studio submission history does not persist. Maybe I am unusual, but I am running on 3 different platforms with 3 different identities and it hard to keep track.

AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Acf2 

I just tried creating Profile: SAS 9.4 (remote - IOM), and I was able to run code successfully 😀

Name Description Additional Notes
Name Name of the profile SASIOM
Host IOM Server Host <MetaData Server Name>
Username IOM Server Username <Registered UserName in the MetaData>
Port IOM Server Port 8591

For this to work properly, you'll need to have a running

- MetaData Server

- SAS Object Spawner

Hope this helps

Acf2
Obsidian | Level 7

Success!  I ran an update from v15.0 (2 months old) to v16.0 and was presented with an SAS Remote (IOM) option for a new connection. Looking good so far. Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation