BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cherry
Obsidian | Level 7

1.Can any one help me how to create encrypted libraries? and encrupted sas datasets? in sas 9.3/9.4? Please share some material on this.

2. How to move sas compute tier, metadata server content and data to another server? like dev to test? Can we write a sas program to do this activity manually?

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

1. Since you have a meta data server, I suggest that you use Metadata-bound libraries. Search in the documentation for details.

2. You usually don't move a tier, but you can copy/promote the contents from one environment to another. I suggest that you do a clean install, and configuration on the new server. Then promote/migrate any metadata, programs, data to the new server. This can be done programmatically. If it's wise to do so depends on the nature of interchange of information between the environments.

Data never sleeps
NPipes
SAS Employee

Here is a link to the documentation on metadata-bound libraries:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/seclibag/66930/HTML/default/viewer.htm#titlepage.htm   

Cherry
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Linush. Which procedure do we need to use if we would like to promote/migrate  the metadata server content to another server ( dev to test) through program?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
There's a promotion batch tool.
The nice thing is that when you do a manual export you have an option to save the corredponding script code for batch use.
See the documentation for details.
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation